MEMRLTA NEWS & LADDERS
Welcome Back to Tennis!
Tennis Resumes February 1st
ARRIVE, PLAY, LEAVE.
COVID Safe protocols as per government guidelines will continue (see below).
Please be familiar with our heatout rules (32°).
We understand that there might be some last minute forfeits due to COVID, but please try to give your opposition as much notice as possible. We encourage everyone to get a booster.
There are a few Clubs who require all players attending their courts to be fully vaccinated: Camberwell United, Kooyong, OLGC, St Cecilia's and Serpell. Only take a team to these HOME courts who are fully vaccinated (COVID) and have a vaccination certificate to show on arrival. It will be mandatory for the certificate to be sighted. If a visiting team cannot field a fully vaccinated team for a match against a home team whose club requires all players to be fully vaccinated, the visiting team will need to forfeit.
Play safe & enjoy!
Friendlies are still scheduled
The Friendly Matches are optional, but we strongly urge ALL teams to enjoy being able to play tennis each week! The draw for the Friendly Matches can be found in the Fixture pages of this website – click through to your section.
The Friendly Matches will not count to the main ladder for each section, BUT there will be a prize for the team in each section which wins the most games during these matches. The results (just scores from each set; no players' names) will need to be emailed to Christine (President) at – they will not be able to be entered on Match Centre.
Clubs will still have in place COVID-19 regulations, either set down by their Board of Management and/or their Local Government Authorities (LGA), which of course must be adhered to.
The Executive Committee would like to bring to your attention the following:-
- QR code into EVERY CLUB, EVERY TIME, or physically sign in. Your Vaccination Certificate may be required to be sighted.
- Please note that some Clubs may require everyone (players and spectators) attending their courts to be fully vaccinated.
- Spectators ARE allowed at the courts but density limits require that no more than 30 people are allowed in one area.
- Clubhouses are to be entered only to use the TOILET or change room facilities.
- Food and drinks must not be shared – please bring your own snack and drinks to all matches.
- MEMRLTA, at present, is advocating NO sharing of drinks or meals in the clubhouse.
- Remember to hand sanitize regularly. After every set, after bagging the courts and sweeping the lines.
- Acknowledge the end of each set with a racquet tap and not a hand shake.
- Bagging the courts should be done by ONE person at each end of the court – no handing the bag under the net!
- We all have different levels of anxiety regarding COVID-19 and returning to competition tennis, so please be respectful of everyone’s concerns.
Winter 2022 Season
Team sheets for the Winter 2022 Season will shortly be sent to all Club Contacts. Team entries close Tuesday 22 February. The new season will commence 22 March 2022.
- Please encourage members of your Club to join the MEMRLTA Emergency Pool. We especially need Pool Players for Sections 8 & 9.