INSTRUCTIONS FOR FINALS SERIES
All final matches are to commence at 10am. Please aim to be at the courts 30 minutes before the scheduled start of play. All warm ups should be completed by 10am. Match play is to commence at 10am.
If a washout or heatout is absolutely necessary, the match must be completed prior to the following Tuesday. See By-law 16(e). Under no circumstances are indoor courts to be used.
Please abide by the regulations of the Club and their LGA (local Council) regarding the entry conditions of the Clubhouse. Please be sure to leave the premises, in and around the facility, clean and tidy. This is the responsibility of all players.
- Be sure your registered team members and emergencies have PLAYED in 3 matches for your club for the season – forfeits, complete washouts/heatouts do not count. For more details on eligibility of a player to play in finals, see our page on qualifying players and emergencies to play in finals.
- No food or drink is to be shared. Each player should bring their own food for sustenance and drink to stay hydrated.
- Prior to the commencement of the match, captains will exchange lists of players in playing order.
- Ensure players are in correct attire.
Home Captains (ie the team listed FIRST on the Finals Notice & score sheet)
- Please call the Club Contact of that Club that the match has been allocated to ensure that the courts will be open. A list of all club contacts was provided at the beginning of the season.
- The home team is to provide four new tennis balls of a brand approved by Tennis VIC.
- The home team is to provide the score sheet to record the match results.
- Please submit your results online by 8pm on the day of the match. If this is not possible, please phone in your results to Helen Williams on 0413 229 107 by 8pm.
For any queries or disputes that can't be resolved during the Semi-Finals, please contact Fiona Dwyer on 0417 399 768.
A Committee member will be present at each Grand Final venue to present pennants and trophies and answer any queries.
Please follow MEMRLTA's COVID-Safe Plan.
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY OF TENNIS!