INSTRUCTIONS FOR FINALS SERIES
Starting Time—Summer Season
All Summer Season final matches are to commence at 9:30am By-law 16(d).
Please aim to be at the courts 20 minutes before the scheduled start of play. All warm ups should be completed by 9:30am. Play is to commence at 9:30am.
If there is a dispute which cannot be resolved by the teams in the semi-final, please ring Fiona Dwyer on 0417 399 768. A member of the Executive will be present at all Grand Finals.
If a washout or heatout is absolutely necessary, the match must be completed prior to the following Tuesday. See By-law 16(e). Under no circumstances are indoor courts to be used.
Please be sure to leave the premises clean and tidy—this is the responsibility of the players.
- Be sure your registered team members and emergencies have PLAYED in 3 matches for your club for the season – forfeits, complete washouts/heatouts do not count. For more details on eligibility of a player to play in finals, see our page on qualifying players and emergencies to play in finals.
- Each team is to provide the 2 new tennis balls of a brand approved by Tennis VIC.
- Take food (incl. tea, coffee, milk & sugar) tablecloth & tea towels.
- Prior to the commencement of the match, captains will exchange lists of players in playing order.
- The home captain (1st named team) please call the Club Contact of that Club that the match has been allocated to ensure that the courts will be open. A list of all club contacts was provided at the beginning of the season.
- Ensure players are in correct attire.
Home Captains (ie the team listed FIRST on the Finals Notice & score sheet)
- The home team is to provide the score sheet to record the match results.
- Home Captains of Semi-Final—please submit your results online by 8pm on the day of the match. If this is not possible, please phone in your results to Fiona Dwyer on 9800 1875 by 8pm so that the Grand Final fixture can be drawn.